CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

CellarDoor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CellarDoor

... Sounds a lot like ShowerDoor.

My attempt at 912chan seems to be getting no where, would appreciate posts and more visits from you guys. Visit www.912-chan.co.cc or click on the banner below.
STOP POSTING ABOUT OTHERS' GRAMMAR AND/OR SPELLING. Instead, inform them of it personally via a private message, and there's no need to be too bloody cheeky about it. It's the major reason threads are derailed, and we need to stop it.

5 posters

Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition)

Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition) Empty Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition)

Post by Johnny McL Mon May 25, 2009 3:17 pm

I've decided a thread for this game was needed.

So, this is now officially the place to post about any awesome, random or just plain retarded experiences you've had whilst playing it.

A few of my own are (As Gast0r will attest to) laying out every mine in my inventory, then shooting them so I go flying across the map, normally using this to try and hit or land in/on specific objects/areas. This even led to a Deathclaw being led into this setup as a form of trap.
    Spoiler:
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition) Empty Re: Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition)

Post by Gast0r Mon May 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Tbh I've never actually taken the time to do anything other than roam the wastes and get on with the quests Neutral
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition) Empty Re: Fallout 3 (Otherwise known as Oblivion; Guns, Grey & Brown Edition)

Post by Johnny McL Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Still, even during that some interesting little oddities must have occurred.

Even just stuff like, you set out to do a quest then got side-tracked. Before long you end up in a full-scale war with a bunch of raiders. You manage to escape, barely, struggling along with the loot (Including the damn missile launcher that got you in the state you're in) and one of the Raider's heads simply because you can. However, as you limp away, hoping you'll come across some insane mountain of stimpacks, you see it. A fucking Deathclaw, Sentry Bot and a Giant Radscorpion all in some clusterfuck of a battle... You sneakily limp by them, sweating bullets and hoping that they won't notice you and bring about a rather unwanted, and swift, end to your long adventure, afraid to let go of that Raider head you've been carrying all this way in case the noise just happens to alert them.

Another one of my own. Felt bad man. Sad
    Forrow
    Forrow
    Admin

Post by Forrow Mon May 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Why was i so engrossed in reading that little bit of text there... You should tell us of more of your adventures :L

Also, Love the title of the thread.

And Experimental MIRV + mines = very many blowup.
    THE GANTA GUN
    THE GANTA GUN

Post by THE GANTA GUN Mon May 25, 2009 8:46 pm

This game was far to depressing when i played and so i gave up on it
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Mon May 25, 2009 10:41 pm

THE GANTA GUN wrote:This game was far to depressing when i played and so i gave up on it

... You're a twat.

Anyway, it's time for another...

Tale From The Vault!

Well, I'd just loaded up my newest character at the furthest point I'd gotten with them, and it turns out I was eying up a few Raiders who had positioned themselves up on an old radio tower, with the satellite dishes and that. Seemed like a good choice for a battle, so I picked my shots carefully, and did my best to stay out of sight and sound, despite my Power Armour clinking all the way...

A few shots, from my trusty Hunting Rifle Ol' Painless, later and the place was devoid of life, aside from myself of course. Then I saw it, a great monstrosity meandering its way across the sky in a very jerky and unsettling way.
    Bricks.
    Were.
    Shat.
    Then I realised it was just one of the Raider's corpses doing that odd glitch that the corpses in Fallout tend to do, so I decided to follow it since last time I followed one, an Enclave Soldier that time, some really wacky shit happened, but that's another tale for another day...

The path was oddly empty as I followed the great beast... Perhaps the wildlife and ruffians that roam the wastes were as terrified of it as I had been initially. Whatever the reason, I soon found myself next to a little power station. You know, the ones that the huge pylons with the power cables strung between them originate from, stretching out every which way into the wasteland? Yeah. One of those. I checked inside, and as it turned out, there was very little notable loot. A little saddened by this, I stepped back out into the wastes, and much to my horror, it was gone. The great stretching, colossal beast was gone altogether!

I sat for a moment a little lost and confused at this loss, and more than a little unsure of what to do in light of this. In the end, I decided it best to follow a chain of pylons I could see, reaching far into the distance toward the sun, low in the wasteland sky. I moved from one to the next, with very little in the way of encounters along the way, aside from two Giant Soldier Ants and a Radscorpion. However, now I was met with a decision to make. The pylons continued on, but the path I'd take to follow them must be chosen. Would I go to the right, up a slightly mountainous path, or along a dusty, sunken one to the left?

I looked down on that dusty piece of shit from high above, the setting sun of the wasteland on my back as I watched two Yao Guai tearing into a Wastelander, quite content with both my decision to take the high ground, Obi Wan's superiority ringing in my ears, and my decision not to help this little chode. Seemed like he could handle himself anyway. He was wearing a pretty mean sack after all. And then a beautiful sight met my gaze. Cars. Buses. Vans. Tens of them. Stretched out across this thin little cliffside road. It was a fantastic sight, and it was about to become even more spectacular...

I feverishly applied a Stimpack attempting to survive the next explosion, which was imminent, as I let loose a fresh volley of insults at the TV screen.
    FUCKING CARS!
    As the final explosion rang out, which I'm pretty sure was three cars simultaneously exploding, my guy haphazardly stumbled to her feet again and I was met by another little sight to pique my interest. Paradise Falls. Turns out this little mountain path was just a short drop away from the place. I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, just heard ol' Three Dog talking about it on the radio. Sounded like a place I ought to avoid, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

"Piss off!"
    I was informed by the gatekeeper, Grouse. I wasn't best pleased with this welcome, and decided to inform him so via the use of my Combat Shotgun.
    As his head burst open like a melon, and the nearby Slaver guard sprung to his feet, I felt my message had been received. And so began my righteous slaughter of the Slavers of Paradise Falls...
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Tue May 26, 2009 9:54 am

Actually, this thread really interests me (including your TALES FRUM TEH VOLT, Johnny), and I can really relate to this thread seeing as Oblivion was my favourite RPG ev0r (besides Final Fantasy 1 to 10), which lead me to playing Fallout 3 and getting really involved in it, and I've had some absolutely hilarious experiences throughout both.
    I shall post some of these, including the ones on PC where I tried to program various different hacks for Fallout 3 with hilarious consequences.
    However, I'm leaving for WERK EXPERI0NCE in 15 minutes, so I'll post when I return >:3
    THE GANTA GUN
    THE GANTA GUN

Post by THE GANTA GUN Wed May 27, 2009 11:24 pm

After playing the operation anchorage and finding mans best friend dogmeat has inspired me to play this game far more and i cant but help enjoying

PS. is it possible to get 100% on V.A.Ts

Forrow:(Double Post edited to one post. Your welcome.)
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:59 am

THE GANTA GUN wrote:mans best friend dogmeat

FUCK YES DOGMEAT.

He may not be the toughest follower in the game, easiest on the eyes or the most chatty companion but, boy, he sure is a swell pal.
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:09 am

Fable dug is superior.
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 am

No. Quite simply, no.

Can your "Fable dug" get you a fucking tire iron to beat people's faces in with?

Can your "Fable dug" retrieve ammo and chemical supplies for you in the uncertainty of a world befouled by radiation, where such things are a necessity?

Can your "Fable dug" recede slowly into a bunch of rocks which character models are not supposed to meld through?
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 pm

I loved Dogmeat when I found him, but sadly he was dead within the first 15 minutes of my discovering him x_X
    DAMNED DEATHCLAWS.
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Johnny McL wrote:No. Quite simply, no.

Can your "Fable dug" get you a fucking tire iron to beat people's faces in with?

Can your "Fable dug" retrieve ammo and chemical supplies for you in the uncertainty of a world befouled by radiation, where such things are a necessity?

Can your "Fable dug" recede slowly into a bunch of rocks which character models are not supposed to meld through?

No, none of those dimply because those aren't in Fable. If they were, the game would be ruined.
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Nah.

Point is, they're very awesome in their own ways.

Fable dug has his own charm, Dogmeat has his.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm