CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

CellarDoor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CellarDoor

... Sounds a lot like ShowerDoor.

My attempt at 912chan seems to be getting no where, would appreciate posts and more visits from you guys. Visit www.912-chan.co.cc or click on the banner below.
STOP POSTING ABOUT OTHERS' GRAMMAR AND/OR SPELLING. Instead, inform them of it personally via a private message, and there's no need to be too bloody cheeky about it. It's the major reason threads are derailed, and we need to stop it.

+2
Forrow
Feldrid[Joeyy]
6 posters

I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-)

Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-) Empty I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-)

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 am

Okay, I'm getting REALLY fed up of the whole "emo" stereotype now.
    And by that, I don't mean I hate emo. I'm saying I hate emo bashers. Now, let me actually explain my argument.
    Firstly- "emo" was a music style WAAAY before it was a fashion style or a goddamn STEREOTYPE.

For uninformed or ignorant people, a person who is "emo" would:
    Listen to songs about self harm and suicide.
    Cut themselves (and tell people about it...)
    Wear skin tight clothing.
    Hate themselves, everybody they know and their life and general.
    Whine constantly.

Now, before I continue, I would like to say that some would consider me to be "emo", in a way.
    And, I suppose that could be partially true - but not true to the aforementioned stereotypical emo.
    I would like to say that I don't cut myself, but I have experienced two different scenarios on several occasions with people I know that have done so, and if you do cut yourself, IT ISN'T SOMETHING YOU GO AROUND FUCKING TELLING EVERYBODY AND SHOWING YOUR FUCKING SCARS.
    IF YOU DO THIS, YOU DESERVE TO BE FUCKING MADE A FOOL OF AND SHOUTED AT.
    People who do this are ATTENTION SEEKERS who give people who - 1)Dress "emo" and listen to "emo" music because they genuinely like the style (i.e Myself) and 2)People who self harm because they genuinely are having a difficult time coping with situations in real life
    A BAD NAME.

I had a friend called William, who I haven't seen for a long time now because he lives in America.
    I often visit America, and William was one of the best friends I ever had.
    He was not "emo". Infact, he dressed in a way and listened to music that would be seen as "acceptable" (a bit of rock, punk etc). However, one day he discovered that his girlfriend whom he had been going out with for over 2 years had been cheating on him for several months. He found it extremely difficult to cope with and eventually turned to self harm. When his parents discovered this, they read his diary. There were several pages stained with blood and some extremely disturbing entries. He was admitted to a rehabilitation clinic for 6 months.
    Once word got out that he had returned home, another friend of mine and his who lived in his town went to visit him to welcome him home and to help him through his ongoing struggle. As she knocked on the door, there was no answer. His parents had went out for awhile, but the door was unlocked, so she decided to just go in for him.
    To her horror, she found him dead in his bedroom with his throat slit, lying in a pool of blood.
    This was 9 months ago, and to this day his gruesome death still haunts me. Myself, all his friends and his family were utterly devastated. When it was first discovered he had been self harming, assholes at his school started branding him as "emo", all because of hate machines and attention seeking idiots.
    Sorry to get personal, but I've experienced the horror of discovering a close friend is actually suffering and is self harming to cope.

At my own school, there is also a girl in the year below me who, one day, decided to:
    DYE HER HAIR BLACK.
    WEAR "EMO" CLOTHING
    WRITE POEMS ABOUT HOW BAD HER LIFE WAS, PAIN, AND SUICIDE
    AND, OF COURSE : CUT HER SELF.
    And the worst part of all this was she clearly had NO FUCKING PROBLEMS and she was going around SHOWING EVERYBODY HER FUCKING POEMS AND SCARS. She was one of the "popular" kids who didn't feel like she had enough people paying any fucking attention to her.
    Because of people like HER, emos are stereotyped in such a way that they get a load of bullshit from ignorant people who are nothing but HATE MACHINES.
    And I HATE her for that.

Emo is not a lifestyle choice. It's a style of music and a style of dress.
    Emo people do not cut themself or constantly attempt suicide for attention, only attention seekers claiming to be emo do.

I apologize for the long post, but I hope I have gotten my point across and I hope this changes some of your opinions about the "emo" stereotype. Thanks for reading.

~EDIT.
    ---------
    Just realized this should probably go in the "rage" forum.
    If a mod or admin thinks so too, please move to the Rage forum.
    Forrow
    Forrow
    Admin

I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-) Empty Re: I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-)

Post by Forrow Tue May 26, 2009 12:33 am

Topic moved to Rage board. Smile
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-) Empty Re: I'm so fed up of emo bashers... (Read before you flame -.-)

Post by Gast0r Tue May 26, 2009 12:34 am

I agree with this. there doesn't actually seem to be any reason for it. It annoys me when people state the stereotype and think they know exactly wtf they're talking about. What they don't seem to see is that it can apply to anyone who is struggling with any kind of shit.
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Tue May 26, 2009 12:36 am

Gast0r wrote:I agree with this. there doesn't actually seem to be any reason for it. It annoys me when people state the stereotype and think they know exactly wtf they're talking about. What they don't seem to see is that it can apply to anyone who is struggling with any kind of shit.

I agree, this is pretty true, especially when people act as though their opinion on emo, or anything like it is definitive and absolute.

Spoiler:
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Tue May 26, 2009 12:37 am

I LOL'd at your spoiler and reference to the neds, Johnneh.
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 am

You'd LOL even moar if you knew the constant abuse Gast0r gets for being emo, despite the fact that he's nothing of the sort, and even if he was... What the fuck, constant abuse? For living a certain way? Gee, sure is 9 years old around here.
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Tue May 26, 2009 12:48 am

Hey, I've been bullied in school for 9 years, mainly by one specific guy (who doesn't even try it anymore since I got fed up with him last year and broke his arm (y)), been beaten by groups of neds, I'm constantly shouted at when going anywhere because of the way I look and I've even been threatened with knives, as well as actually being attacked but having friends step in and break stuff up before it gets bad, so I know exactly what it's like. ):
    Forrow
    Forrow
    Admin

Post by Forrow Tue May 26, 2009 12:55 am

Im lucky in that im very tall and get very little abuse from the neds.

And as of start of my 6th year at high school i am making sure NONE of the 1st years get too big for themselves, As in the P7 induction days a number of them tried to spout abuse at me and a friend of mine. So as of august swirlys are re-intated in Hillpark...

Beware you annoying little shits. Josh and I aint taking yo shit nao. pirat
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Tue May 26, 2009 2:04 am

Getting bullied is fucking torturous. Most of the people who ever bullied me though just walk by and shout "Aw mad ross wee mahn no seen u in hevy ages".
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Tue May 26, 2009 9:47 am

Gawd yeah, it's like that with me, too o_o
    Luckily, a lot of the ned-y types aren't actually much so anymore, and are just so in the sense that they hang about with those who would be consider neds or are with the "in crowd" (i.e, "popular"). So I don't get bothered by most people now. Just full-of-themselves second years and people who shout at me from across the street, yet are too scared to approach me, probably because of my large hair Very Happy
    Rain-transformed
    Rain-transformed

Post by Rain-transformed Thu May 28, 2009 3:17 pm

To seek lonliness among the hive is to find the flame that creates the light of life. One's end is thus, discovered.

Although I am guilty of romanticising on this specific occasion, I must decree that seeking singularity amongst faceless masses is a fearful concept at best, but to fiind oneself falling amongst the files of the social akward...

I justify no intention of harm apon a persons for what they embody as an epression of the human self, to conclude.

Although I disagree with the art form.
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Thu May 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Rain-transformed wrote:To seek lonliness among the hive is to find the flame that creates the light of life. One's end is thus, discovered.

Although I am guilty of romanticising on this specific occasion, I must decree that seeking singularity amongst faceless masses is a fearful concept at best, but to fiind oneself falling amongst the files of the social akward...

I justify no intention of harm apon a persons for what they embody as an epression of the human self, to conclude.

Although I disagree with the art form.

You sir, are a grammar god.

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 3:52 am

you dont even listen to emo music, you listen to scene kid music, emo means emotive hardcore, which you dont fucking listen to or even know what it is. doesnt need to be said, just emotional. all you wee fucks had to go and fucking ruin it.

emo
    PsychoNoodles
    PsychoNoodles

Location : Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, NZ

Post by PsychoNoodles Fri May 29, 2009 5:20 am

Well said friend, my thoughts exactly.
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 pm

...So, you don't know me and you're telling me I don't listen to "emo" music? DID YOU EVEN READ MY FUCKING POST?
    I listen to HUNDREDS of bands that have been labelled as emo, wether they are or not.
    I JUST FUCKING SAID WHAT EMO IS. IT'S A STYLE OF MUSIC AND LATER BECAME A STYLE OF DRESS.
    I mean, I listen to Hawthorne Heights, and they're "emo", aren't they? But guess what? I DON'T LISTEN TO A BAND BASED ON THEIR FUCKING GENRE OR GODDAMN STEREOTYPE. I listen to Hawthorne Heights and other bands like them because I like their music. Not because I like the idea of "cutting my wrists and blacking my eyes", or that I want to. Because I like the music.
    I don't wear skinny fitting shirts and jeans, wristbands, and have "emo" hair because I want to look emo. I dress like that because I LIKE LOOKING THE WAY I DO.
    And because of people posing as emo and cutting their wrists for attention, the people who just want to listen to the music they like and wear they clothes they like get targeted for it. I'VE BEEN ALMOST STABBED FOR LOOKING THE FUCKING WAY I DO.
    Hell, Forrow, Ross, Kier, Andrew and Johnny were almost stabbed last night after being called "hippies", and they hardly even look like the stereotypical fucking emo!
    Nuff said. STFU if you're just gonna be an asshole and not make any constructive arguments.
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Sun May 31, 2009 12:03 am

Agreed, you were being a complete fag, connor/wullam.
    PsychoNoodles
    PsychoNoodles

Location : Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, NZ

Post by PsychoNoodles Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:22 am

Why don't you just get over, instead of making this thread about it, seriously.
    I have been called an emo, goth, mosha etc, countless times.
    Why even give a shit?

Also, I'm truly sorry about you're friend.

I don't understand the 'emo' music genre.
    Artist's like My Chemical Romance, Fallout boy etc get branded as Emo.
    Surely Artist's such as The Fray, Coldplay, James Blunt etc are truely emo?
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:15 am

The reason The Fray, Coldplay and James Blunt don't get branded as emo is because, firstly, their music is mainstream. Secondly, their music is also generally not emo. Sure, they may make love songs and songs about loss and stuff, but it's never got that "emo" sound to it because they aren't trying to sound emo, or emo-punk, or post hardcore, or whatever.

I don't care when people randomly call me goth, or emo or whatever. I don't care when they talk about my hair, my clothes or my music.
    I do care, however, when they mock me about self harm and suicide.
    IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY. IT'S NOT A FUCKING JOKE. ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS DIED BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THEM.
    I once kicked a guy I know full force in the nuts just for calling one of my friends a wrist slitter, even when she is nothing of the sort, because that's how strongly I feel about this bullshit, and it needs to fucking end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 am